Alternative Education Mission Statement
The mission of Alternative Education is to assist students to achieve their highest potential through individual, flexible and structured educational experiences designed to enhance their academic growth and foster lifelong learning.
Alternative Educational Goals are:
- Improve Academic Achievement
- Utilize Strengths to Meet Needs
- Provide Progressive Academic and Behavioral Expectations
- Provide for Social and Emotional Growth
- Promote Perseverance and Productivity
- Explore Future Educational, Career and Technical Interests
- Provide a Safe, Inclusive and Accepting Environment
- Ensure Community and Family Involvement
The goal of Lincoln High School ALE is to prepare students for future success. The school provides clear expectations and a fresh start for students feeling overwhelmed at the high school. Because of its comfortable setting and smaller class sizes, ALE is able to stress individual diversity and be a viable option for students who might otherwise drop out. The alternative school culture provides students with a sense of belonging and a sense of accomplishment, in turn, helping them remain focused, attend school, and stay on track. Further, ALE strengthens feelings of responsibility, incorporates interaction within the community, and helps maintain positive workplace habits. These types of continuing challenges boost student aspirations, leading to the possibility of a more prosperous future.